Friday, October 30, 2009

Post 8: Music... What I think about it?



My favourite kind of music is folk music, specially american folk, because their melodies and lyrics have a social content and often, they talk about the life experiences of the composers. Also, this kind of music represents my moods (if I’m angry, happy, etc).

I don’t have a particular favourite music band or a favourite singer, because there’re many singers that I like. But... if I have to mention someone, I prefer Victor Jara, Mercedes Sosa (who died recently), Isabel Parra, Los Jaivas, Manuel García, Silvio Rodríguez, Paco Bello, and a lot of other musicians… but now I don’t have time to write about them.

I like that singers, because they have an special way to express their thoughts, emotions and beliefs, regardless of the consequences. I refer especially to Victor Jara that despite the repression that the country was singing and I fight until the last consequences, death.

Although I like many songs, I don't buy or have any CDs of these singers, but thanks to technology I can listen to on You Tube every day or you could ask my boyfriend if he can get off the songs that I like.

I must say that I've never been to a concert, because I don't like to be in a place full by people, I prefer to be quiet in my house, listening my tunes (the perfect way to chill out).

I can tell you that I come from a musical family, but... I can not play any instruments. I have to admit that I never made the attempt to touch one, but however, I like the guitar and percussion. As my father and brothers are musicians, they teach me to read music (a composition), but I can read a basic one.

I really like music but I must say I'm not very good singing, I'm so out of tune, and therefore I'm embarrassed to sing in front of people. For that reason I've never sung at a karaoke bar, I only sing when I'm alone in the shower, but lately I have not had much time to do this because with my son and all university obligation, I have little time to do all.

I think music is very important to my life, because it is a light to keep on. I feel so good listening music, because I can express myself through his lyrics and melodies; music is the perfect item to complement the spiritual balance, especially because it gives an identity to the person, the society and culture where we live, because it represents what we are.

2 comments:

K.Spiess said...

I dodn´t know you liked this type the music..¡¡
I know these singers, and musical groups. And they are very good¡
see you.¡¡
=)

Juan Luzzi said...

Minka.
You have written an escellent post in spite of the mistakes you made here and there.
See corrections, please.

My favourite kind of music is folk music, specially American folk, because their melodies and lyrics have a social content and often, they talk about the life experiences of the composers. Also, this kind of music represents my moods (if I’m angry, happy, etc).

I don’t have a particular favourite music band or a favourite singer, because there Are many singers that I like. But... if I have to mention some(/), I prefer Victor Jara, Mercedes Sosa (who died recently), Isabel Parra, Los Jaivas, Manuel García, Silvio Rodríguez, Paco Bello, and a lot of other musicians… but now I don’t have time to write about them.

I like thOSE singers, because they have a(/) special way to express their thoughts, emotions and beliefs, regardless of the consequences. I'M referRING especially to Victor Jara that, despite the repression that the country was GOING THROUGH, HE KEPT singing and (/)fightING TO the last consequence, death.

Although I like many songs, I don't buy or have any CDs of these singers, but thanks to technology I can listen to THEM on You Tube every day or I CAN ask my boyfriend TO DOWNLOAD the songs that I like.

I must say that I've never been to a concert, because I don't like to be in a place full by people, I prefer to be quiet in my house, listening TO my tunes (the perfect way to chill out).

I can tell you that I come from a musical family, but... I can not play any instruments. I have to admit that I HAVE never made the attempt to touch one, but, however, I like the guitar and percussion. As my father and brothers are musicians, they teach me to read music (a composition), but I can ONLY read basic oneS.

I really like music but I must say I'm not very good AT singing, I'm ALWAYS so out of tune, and therefore I'm embarrassed to sing in front of people. For that reason I've never sung at a karaoke bar, I only sing when I'm alone in the shower, but lately I have not had much time to do this because with my son and all MY university obligation, I have little time to do all.

I think music is very important to my life, because it is a light to keep on. I feel so WELL listening TO music, because I can express myself through THE lyrics and melodies; music is the perfect item to complement the spiritual balance, especially because it gives an identity to the person, the society and culture where we live, because it represents what we are.