Friday, October 9, 2009

Post 6: My favourite film is Braveheart



I love go to the cinema. In fact with my boyfriend we were going to the cinema would often. But lately we cannot been to the movies because our son was born, and we cannot go because we have no time, but we can watch a movie at our house, but lately I'm so tired I fall asleep before the movie starts.
The last movie I saw in the cinema was the Ice Age 3, and I found it very funny and with very good animations.
I hardly rent films because my brothers in law use to buy them or download from internet.
My favorite film is Braveheart, by Mel Gibson, he represent William Wallace. Gibson is the actor and director in this movie. The film begins when William Wallace lost his father and brother in war, and as he was very young his uncle had to educate him. Years later he returned to Scotland with the intention of living in the place where he born.
When the beloved of William, Murron McGlannough (Catherine McCormack) who was secretly married in secret, were murdered by the sheriff of Lanark (because Wallace prevent that the English soldiers rape her), his determination of fight to death to free Scotland from the English yoke has no turning back. His courage, charisma, and intelligence makes that his lines fills with voluntaries like the members of his clan, his friend of childhood, Hamish Campbell (Brendan Gleeson), and the charismatic Irish Steven the madman (David O`Hara),
I can´t remember how many time I’ve see it but I guess that I see it about once by month at least. And also when I catch it on TV I can´t resist and I usually see this very good film.
The very good points about this films is the story (especially because it´s based on a true story), about the life of Wallace and his love story with Murron.
The weak points is that sometimes in the battles you can see some flaws but you can notice those after you see this movies a lot of times.
I definitely recommend it, because it´s a must see, in fact the movie awards several Oscars and others film recognitions.

1 comment:

K.Spiess said...

I also love going to movies, and the truth is that I felt identified when I read the beginning of your writing because I do not have much time to go see a movie.:(
But, There will be time.¡
kiss